To unite Calgarians in the desire to have LRT operating on the Green Line in both the North Central and South East corridors by the year 2021.
- Unite Stakeholders and Citizens:
Bring Green Line stakeholders and Calgarians together in advocating for improved transit with a common voice.
- Raise Awareness About the Green Line:
Pursue various citizen engagement opportunities to make LRT on the Green Line a city wide discussion topic.
- Promote the Need for and Benefits of Investing in Rapid Transit:
Raise awareness about the cost of congestion and the need for transit improvements along the Green Line corridor. Promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of investment in large scale rapid transit projects and how it relates to Calgarians’ quality of life.
- Advocate for Transit Oriented Development:
Advocate for the need for LRT on the Green Line to create opportunities to pursue new smart growth development and reinvestment in existing communities throughout Calgary.
- Evolve into a Citizen Driven Authority on Transit in Calgary:
Pursue research, funding and advocacy opportunities that will allow the Foundation to grow as a citizens’ group promoting transit.
Who We Are
- We are a registered non-profit society in the Province of Alberta.
- Our members represent various business, developer and community stakeholders who have an interest in seeing LRT on the Green Line sooner, rather than later. They provide us with ideas and feedback to help us shape the direction of the Foundation and our advocacy efforts.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors that is comprised of two Community Association representatives from the south east region of Calgary, three Community Association representatives from the northern region of Calgary and the Foundation’s two co-founders. One of the Foundation’s two co-founders also sits on a Community Association in the city’s south east region ensuring that representation on the Board is evenly balanced between the north and the south.
- We have partnered with twelve Calgary Community Associations whom we engage with on a regular basis to ensure that our shared goal of seeing LRT on the Green Line continues to move closer to reality and to ensure that our advocacy efforts continue to reflect the opinions of the communities we partner with.
If you consider yourself a stakeholder in the role the Green Line can play in shaping Calgary’s future and you share in our vision and goals, it is easy to become involved!!
To provide feedback or become a member: Email us